Wednesday, May 16, 2012

EuroCycle 2012: Germany (part 1)

11 - 15 May 2012
  • Nijmegen (NL) to Bocholt: 77km
  • Bocholt to Münster: 100km
  • Rest day in Münster, then train to Neumünster
  • Neumünster to Nortorf: 16km 
Instead of large cities and speeding autobahns, as a cyclist my time in Germany was spent in cobblestoned towns and on scenic cycle paths.
And with an improvement in the weather, it was time to use my tent for the first time. My tent is super lightweight, i.e. very small. While some people describe such one-man tents as being like a coffin, I found it perfect for my needs.
To ensure that I reached Copenhagen on time to support friends running the marathon, after three days in Germany I decided to take a train north to near the Danish border. This gave me more time in Denmark and less in Germany. As I plan to cycle through Germany on the way home from Poland, I was happy with this decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment