Friday, September 9, 2011

Hammock time in Fiji

Nadi, Yasawas Islands, Coral Coast, FIJI: 27 August - 8 September 2011

I don't have much to write about my twelve days in Fiji because, happily, I did very little. I spent seven days hopping between four of the Yasawas Islands, including the tiny Beachcomber Island, and then three days on the Coral Coast. Most of my time was spent relaxing, swimming, snorkeling and reading (the 1000-page "Shantaram" proved a perfect choice of book).

But I managed to get out of the hammock to do a trek,
scuba dive with reef sharks, and swim with manta rays. Swimming with two of these amazing, hypnotic, huge creatures was the highlight of my time in Fiji.

Sun holidays aren't really my kind of thing, but Fiji is such a relaxing place, where life moves on "Fiji time", that even I was able to enjoy doing very little.

No comments:

Post a Comment