Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Guinness-filled half-time break

Dublin & Cork, IRELAND: 13 Dec. 2010 - 9 Jan. 2011

Spending a month back in Ireland was the perfect way to take a mini-break from all my travelling, especially as I am approaching the halfway mark in my career break. I was glad to discover that, contrary to the image I had of a country in meltdown, all seemed well in Ireland. At least that was the impression I had from all the festive bars and restuarants I frequented in my attempts to catch up with as many people as possible.

But the most important people I had to meet for the first time were my two nephews - Tom
and Christopher.
So I'm happy to report that to me Ireland all seems well, Guinness, brown bread and chicken fillet baguettes are all as tasty as ever, and the only major change I noticed was that my brothers are now both experts on all things baby related!

No comments:

Post a Comment