Friday, October 30, 2009

Staying on a paradise beach for €3 a night

Mazunte & Hautulco, MEXICO: 24-27 Oct. 2009

I headed for the coast in a minibus on a very scenic six hour drive. However, the view was slightly hampered by (1) the multiple cracks in the windscreen, with which I decided not to concern myself and (2) the little old Mexican lady who feel asleep on my shoulder - I did not want to wake her (she looked like she has had a hardworking life) so I avoided turning my head to look right.
I met up with two people I had hung around with at the start of my time in Mexico, Lucy from Australia and Marco from Germany. We spent two days relaxing at the hippy beach of Mazunte (where I stayed in a beach hut for just €3 a night - accommodation on similar beaches in other parts of Mexico cost an awful lot more than that), before moving onto slightly more upmarket Huatulco. It was four fun days of swimming in very warm water, snorkelling, going on a turtle watching boat trip and a visit to a crocodile sanctury.

No comments:

Post a Comment